Give Back to Your Community
Below are brief descriptions and external links to organizations that we have worked with in the past. Our intention is to pair up passionate people with organizations that serve our community. We are not affiliated with all of these organizations but have seen the positive impact they have had on our community. Thank you for your interest and we hope you find as much joy as we have giving back to the community that has served us all so well.
- PAAL Program - Garner Police Athletic Activities League - Garnerpaal.org - Facebook
- Community of Hope - Ministers to the needs of the AT RISK population in the Garner - Communityofhopeministries.org
- Garner Grows -- Local Food advocates dedicated to creating an inclusive community farm in Garner, where members share both the labor and the fruits of that labor. Garnergrows.com/about/
- Piney Grove Garden of Eaten -- Volunteers grow food to help the homeless have nutritious vegetables and curb hunger. This garden is located in Fuquay-Varina, NC. Last year they had a total of 2,898.5 pounds of vegetables come out of their garden. - Facebook
- Garner Rotary Club - Is an organization of business and professional leaders that provides humanitarian service, encourages high ethical standards in all vocations, and helps build goodwill and peace in the world. Garnermid-dayrotary.org
- Garner Civitan Club - Civitan International is an organization of volunteer service clubs around the world, dedicated to helping people in their own communities. Civitan helps wherever the need arises – from collecting food for a homeless shelter, to volunteering at their local retirement home, to building a playground for children with disabilities Garnercivitan.com
- Garner VFW - Annually, the nearly 1.7 million members of the VFW and its Auxiliaries contribute more than 8.6 million hours of volunteerism in the community, including participation in Make A Difference Day and National Volunteer Week.
From providing over $3 million in college scholarships and savings bonds to students every year, to encouraging elevation of the Department of Veterans Affairs to the president's cabinet, the VFW is there. Vfw.org/Common/About-Us
- Garner Area Ministries - The Garner Area Ministries was founded in 1981 as a central location for Garner residents in need. Before we were founded, residents depended on local churches for assistance. The Garner Area Ministries became a central agency for the Garner churches. Gam-nc.org/aboutus.htm
- SPCA of Wake County - The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) of Wake County is dedicated to creating a more humane community where every adoptable animal has a home. Each year the SPCA re-homes over 3,300 animals through its innovative adoption programs. Spcawake.org